[78-L] Columbia "X" series

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Mon Aug 17 18:06:41 PDT 2009

By the way, I have 8 of the X series records and 6 of them are blue label.  I would assume because these are late in the series and went into the timeframe when Columbia switched over to blue discs in late 1932.  So perhaps this series went at least to 1933.  The catalog numbers of the two green discs are sandwiched in with the blue numbers but it's close to all consecutive numbers so I guess these records could be found with both color labels?  All are Spanish guitar records. They came in a collection that had a lot of Andres Segovia 78s.  Wonderful stuff.

Glenn