[78-L] Red Ingle Questions

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 16 12:38:27 PDT 2009

Actually, I correct my statement. According to the discography in the
Bear Family CD:

"Masters were speeded up before release. A false start of Tim-Yashum
at the original speed appears on Capitol CD C21Y-91638"

This note appears immediately after the listing for Tim-tayshun.

IMHO Bear Family really fell down on this release, and this is just
one example. They do not mention that the CD mentioned in this
note  (Capitol CD C21Y-91638) is the Jo Stafford Collectors Series
release. LP titles are missing to accompany the catalog numbers they
give as reference to LPs where any of these tracks may appear. For
example, the discography given says  that Tim-tayshum appears on on
LP T-1488. Safe bet is that this is a Capitol release. A google of
the internets shows it to be a various artist disc called The Great
Smash Hits from 1960. Yes I know that Bear Family didn't have the
benefit of Google when this CD came out in 1997, but geez louise!
They were in Capitol's playground!.