[78-L] Red Ingle Questions

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 16 11:49:22 PDT 2009

Capitol sped up a lot of their masters in the 40s, usually by a half tone. This
is noted in a King Cole discography and elsewhere..when I was transferring
"Sparky's Music Mix-Up" I found the section containing Mendelssohn's Violin
Concerto in E Minor to be 3% up. Oddly enough, this variation wasn't consistent
through the set.

Nothing's as far off as a Rhino Dr. Demento package where Yogi Yorgesson's "Who
Hid the Halibut on the Poop Deck" is running 10% fast though....of course that
means it's over that much sooner.

dl