[78-L] Commodore was Remastering re-writ

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 13 15:24:48 PDT 2009

GRP was a label somehow connected with Dave Grusin and used for reissues from
Decca and related labels. Verve has been part of Universal for decades (got
absorbed into Polydor along with MGM). My Billie Holiday Master Takes (which as
I say *isn't*, I compared several tracks with issued 78s and they differed) is
on GRP, not Verve.

dl