[78-L] 1953 Gaite Parisienne Author Fiedler/Bosten Pops on 78 rpm?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 6 07:53:23 PDT 2009

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> At 09:33 PM 8/5/2009, you wrote:
>
> Well my stereo LSC 1817 is the exact same recording as the older 1954
> LM 1817. I don't have VICS 1012 or LSC 2267 though so will also look
> for them. I do have a mono LM 2267 which has both a different cover &
> a different performance than the 1954 or 1947 version & it's a shaded
> dog label. So they did release the '54 version in stereo before the
> '58 one was released. Why? I have no idea....

Confirming what I'd half guessed at yesterday, that the 1954 version was
briefly released in 1958 in stereo..but does it have Les Patineurs as filler
and is it stereo? Or with the short side lengths of early stereo LPs at that
time, was there a filler at all?

I have no idea why they'd have issued the early one, even to get it into the
market briefly, when they did the new recording fairly quickly in 1958, unless
one hand at RCA jumped the gun and the other hand said "Hey, we were going to
do a brand new Living Stereo version". I wonder if LSC 1817 is a collector's item?