[78-L] 1953 Gaite Parisienne Author Fiedler/Bosten Pops on 78 rpm?

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Thu Aug 6 07:43:29 PDT 2009

At 09:33 PM 8/5/2009, you wrote:
>Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> >
> > It's really 2 recordings as the 1954 version was recorded & released
> > in stereo as the shaded dog LSC version with the exact same cover as
> > the 54 mono version. The only diofference between the 2 issues is the
> > extra piece on side 2. I own both & listened to them one after the
> > other (not the extra pieces though) & they were exactly the same
> > music & orchestration.
>
>Nope..recorded June 18, 1954 and again May 22, 1958. The filler to
>LM/LSC 2267
>should be a suite from Gayne. The 1954 version was recorded in stereo though,
>but Les Patineurs probably wasn't since it was recorded in June
>1953. The 1954
>GP appeared on Victrola VICS 1012. Is it possible that it also
>appeared briefly
>in stereo before the 1958 recording was ready? My Fiedler
>discography is pretty
>ancient and doesn't list later issues like RCA Gold Seal, so I'm not certain
>which version appeared on that label..I have it, but not where I can check it.
>
>dl
>_

Well my stereo LSC 1817 is the exact same recording as the older 1954
LM 1817. I don't have VICS 1012 or LSC 2267 though so will also look
for them. I do have a mono LM 2267 which has both a different cover &
a different performance than the 1954 or 1947 version & it's a shaded
dog label. So they did release the '54 version in stereo before the
'58 one was released. Why? I have no idea....