[78-L] 1953 Gaite Parisienne Author Fiedler/Bosten Pops on 78 rpm?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 5 19:33:26 PDT 2009

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:

> It's really 2 recordings as the 1954 version was recorded & released
> in stereo as the shaded dog LSC version with the exact same cover as
> the 54 mono version. The only diofference between the 2 issues is the
> extra piece on side 2. I own both & listened to them one after the
> other (not the extra pieces though) & they were exactly the same
> music & orchestration.

Nope..recorded June 18, 1954 and again May 22, 1958. The filler to LM/LSC 2267
should be a suite from Gayne. The 1954 version was recorded in stereo though,
but Les Patineurs probably wasn't since it was recorded in June 1953. The 1954
GP appeared on Victrola VICS 1012. Is it possible that it also appeared briefly
in stereo before the 1958 recording was ready? My Fiedler discography is pretty
ancient and doesn't list later issues like RCA Gold Seal, so I'm not certain
which version appeared on that label..I have it, but not where I can check it.