[78-L] 1953 Gaite Parisienne Author Fiedler/Bosten Pops on 78 rpm?

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Wed Aug 5 18:45:41 PDT 2009

At 05:40 PM 8/5/2009, you wrote:
>Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> > At 10:43 AM 8/5/2009, you wrote:
> >> There are actually 3 recordings. The first is from 1947 and was on 78s, an
> >> early LP (possibly RCA's first, like LM 1000) and 4 45s and also on
> >> Camden LP.
> >> My Fiedler discography also shows it on 45s as ERB 13, possibly
> >> missing side 7,
> >> and two sides of it on ERA 82. The second recording is from June
> 18, 1954 and
> >> was on LP (LM 1817) with "Les Patineurs" as filler and was also
> on 2 45 EPs
> >> (ERB 1817, minus two sections) and was reissued in stereo later
> (probably on
> >> Gold Seal but I could be wrong). The third version was released
> in mono and
> >> stereo in 1958.
> >>
> >> dl

It's really 2 recordings as the 1954 version was recorded & released
in stereo as the shaded dog LSC version with the exact same cover as
the 54 mono version. The only diofference between the 2 issues is the
extra piece on side 2. I own both & listened to them one after the
other (not the extra pieces though) & they were exactly the same
music & orchestration.

> > Thanks for the info. I thought it was the same 1954 recording, not 3
> > different ones. So I guess I've got the 1947 version on the 4 red
> > vinyl 45's? It has a different cover than the LM-1817 LP & is listed
> > as WDM-1147.  I do have ERB-1817 & it's got the exact same front
> > cover as LM-1817 does. This is the one on 2 compressed sounding plus
> > lower volume black vinyl 45's. I don't have ERA-82 or ERB-13 though
> > so I guess I have to keep looking for them as well as the 1947 78 rpm
> > issue. I'll have to look for the 1947 version on the early LP too now
> > that I know it exists. Oh & I got lucky with LSC-1817 in near mint
> > condition about 15 years ago at a local record collector show.
> > Collector book value back then was around $300 & last I checked (on a
> > classical vinyl sale web site) it was going for $500. What did I pay
> > for it at the record show? Only $6,
>

>The 1947 version is also on red vinyl 78s. Collect 'em all!

I'll try to find it as I do like this ballet piece. In fact I played
the four red vinyl 45's this afternoon before I played the 54 & 58 LP
copies. Haven't played any of those for a couple of years though.

> > 1947 version on Camden? I'll have to look for it.....
>
>It sounds pretty dead, as I recall.
>
>dl

I believe you & maybe will find it one day.....