[78-L] In The Mood

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 08:40:07 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> I got a nice copy of the Decca from Mike Stewart about ten years ago. It's as
> Wingy..the original issue was credited to Barbecue Joe & His Hot Dogs.
>
> As for vocal versions, I was certain the Andrews Sisters had recorded one but
> it seems not..Bette Midler did, however, and there's the wonderful version sung
> in Ndbele by the Bulawayo Sweet Rhythms Band.
>
> dl
Just found I have a version by Sharkey Bonano on Capitol, although it
morphs into "Dippermouth Blues", including a cry of "Oh, In The Mood"!

I have the Bulawayo Sweet Rhythms Band version too.

Is Ndbele a pseudonym for Leadbelly?

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4296 (20090801) __________

http://www.eset.com