[78-L] In The Mood

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 1 08:00:21 PDT 2009

Oh no! I don't have a copy --- came this close '-' to getting one a
few years back, I have heard it though.

And on another version, there is of course the Bulawayo Sweet Rhythms
Band version -- with the vocals translated as 'Wena buti lalela' in
Zulu on the flip on Skokiaan.  This one is my al time favourite cover
case its so much fun!

The 'six degrees (sort of) of seperation' here is that Louis
Armstrong played with the Baltimore Bellhops, and may have played on
their recording Hot and Anxious, which is quoted in In The Mood,
which was covered by the Bulawayo Sweet Rhythms Band on the flip of
Skokiaan, which was covered by Louis Armstrong who meet August
Musarurwa of the Bulawayo Sweet Rhythms Band in 1960.