[78-L] A SECOND question for our GG contingent...?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jul 28 20:55:23 PDT 2009

Okeh...

We know that Grey Gull disappeared in the late fall of 1930...right?

BUT...

It looks like another operation took over the "remains" of the company...and
continued to issue Radiex, Van Dyke and Madison. These people used the
Madison catalog-number sequence on all their labels (which had reached the
low 5090's at that point)...and they issued records through around 6040 or
so. They also had a 900 series (first few MAY have been 800's?) which
paired GG "B sides," often under new titles. Oddly enough they DON'T
seem to have continued Grey Gull (although I do have, I think, an actual
late Grey Gull, with a slightly different label design...it's a later issue
of
a c. 1930 GG record!)

SO...who tried to continue the GG numbers into 1931?

Steven C. Barr