[78-L] Joyce Hatto - OT but of great interest!

Alan Bunting alanbuntinguk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 06:03:52 PDT 2009

Those in the UK who have followed the Joyce Hatto affair will, I'm sure, want to watch this prgramme.

Details taken from "Digiguide" - one of the best and most used programs on my computer.

Alan Bunting

DOCUMENTARY: The Great Piano Scam
On: Channel 4 (104)
Date: Friday 31st July 2009 (starting in 10 days)
Time: 19:35 to 20:00 (25 minutes long)

Susannah Price's First Cut film tells the story of one of the biggest swindles in the history of the music industry. In 2003, Joyce Hatto became one of the most famous pianists in the world, thanks to a fraud hatched by her husband William Barrington-Coupe. It took years before the fraud was exposed, revealing how the music world had been hoodwinked with breath-taking audacity. Featuring revealing interviews with some of the leading lights of the classical music world taken in by the scam, The Great Piano Scam unpicks Barrington-Coupe's astonishing master plan, detailing how the industry and music lovers alike were conned into believing that a woman in her 70s had managed to record over 100 phenomenal CDs. Susannah Price's film also includes a poignant and surprising interview with the man at the centre of the fraud about his involvement, asking the key question: why did they do it?
(Watch Online, Subtitles)
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=2143

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.