[78-L] Decca's Music of Our Time series

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 20 14:50:30 PDT 2009

Actually "Songs Of Our Times". My thinking is that they were all released in
1947. Numbering doesn't help since they initiated the 24000 series and used the
individual years as the album numbers. 1942 and 1943 were the last in the
series and were recorded after the ban, along with 1922. There were also 4
albums of "type" songs, like Airplane Songs (can't think of the other three).

These also appeared on World Transcriptions, possibly before being issued as
albums, since Decca owned World at that time.

dl