[78-L] Misspelling on a Record Album

Marie Lamb marie.lamb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:22:41 PDT 2009

Oh, my, yes, I can think of a couple of doozies!

One of the selections on Renata Tebaldi's "18th Century Arias" LP on London
Records was "Divinita infernal" (usually known as "Divinites du Styx") from
Gluck's opera "Alceste."  In the liner notes, it says that Alceste crosses
the "River Stynx."  I am the proud owner of a copy of this LP, so I can
vouch for the typo.

In the liner notes to the Joe Williams Christmas CD
on Verve called "That Holiday Feelin'," it was written that "Silent Night"
was in the "pubic domain."  I don't know if that was corrected in later
issues of the CD, but it was certainly there in the original notes!  My
former employer, WAER-FM at Syracuse University,
had a copy of this, and they may still have it with their holiday music.
Makes me wonder what kind of "holiday feelin'" someone had in mind, LOL!

Marie Lamb

--
I think you have everything you need.  If not, you'll just have to fake
it.--Don Dolloff, WCNY Classic FM, 2002.

Never a dull moment; if there is one, chances are I'm not around.--Marie
Lamb, WAER Jazz 88, 2002

It's not true that I had nothing on.  I had the radio on.--Marilyn Monroe

The moment you say "Please, give me a reason for this,"
you are being impossible and temperamental.--Montserrat
Caballé.