[78-L] Decca's Music of Our Time series

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 13:15:10 PDT 2009

Does anyone know when these sets were actually released? I notice that they were
mostly recorded from April-July 1942, probably in anticipation of the recording ban
(save for the 1922 set, which was apparently done in November of '44). They comprise
the first 100 numbers of the 24000 series (four discs for each year from 1917 to 1941).
Were they *all* released in 1947? And does anyone know how far Decca went in these
surveys? (I'm pretty sure I've seen later years on mid-50s LPs).

-Harold