[78-L] Isham Jones

Fred Lowenhaupt lphred at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 10:41:45 PDT 2009

 I'm surprised that there is no mention of the first Decca sessions which produced some of the hottest Jones records of all time. They re-recorded "Blue Room", "Dallas Blues", and "China Boy". All were equal to if not better that the Victors. Other songs recorded  were The outstanding "I've Found A New Baby" The fasted 'Tiger Rag' I've ever heard "Four Or Five Times","Jimtown Blues", and the flag waver "Black Magic" This is the same band as the last Victor session. Although not recorded as well as the Victor's The great musicianship of the Jones outfit shines through