[78-L] Over There to Over Here

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jul 14 19:40:36 PDT 2009

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> Does anyone know if there were many price-cutter retailers for the
> big labels during the worst of the Depression? Or did the big guys
> make their sellers stick to the regular price structure?  Taylor

Many of their "sellers" were out of business, so I have seen cut prices
of major label stuff show up in Steers and Monkey Wart catalogs in
addition to their own labels.  From earlier decades I've always wondered
about those round yellow "Retired Record" stickers occasionally seen on
acoustical gold band labels covering the circular Note the Notes
trademark.  Those are about the only "cut-outs" I've heard of in the
pre-LP era.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com