[78-L] 78 Prices--was:Here is the article on TeftellerandParamount fromtheNY Times

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jul 13 18:58:24 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> Argh...I thought Mr.  Barr had gotten this self-pitying and self-rewinding
> rant (included blow if anyone wants to reread it)  out of his system but I
> guess not.

So...you apparently feel justified in your item-by-item personal attack...?!

First, for your information...I am trying to survive, and live indoors, on
the pensions I get for being an official senior citizen...about $12,000 per
year or less! THAT in and of itself rules out $3 78's!

Secondly, I am WELL aware of the general inflation over the last several
decades...I become MORE aware every time I have to buy groceries...?!

However, 78's have for the most part NOT been affected by this...?!
I can look ay my Record Changers and see 78's being sold for around $1
each for the most part...in the forties?!

Now, my Canada-Pension-Plan money is NOT indexed to inflation...so
IF I can scratch together a few bucks to buy the odd 78's, I have to
hope the seller(s) aren't "indexing" their prices as well!

Now...Go Unprint Yourself!!!

Steven C. Barr