[78-L] Robert Johnson "Love in Vain"

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 13 19:25:49 PDT 2009

Good grief..the Brahms cylinder is more intelligible than that thing. If
someone is going to put something that ghastly sounding on a disc, at least
have the courtesy to explain why and how it got there.

I'd say that's from a test groove, since I've encountered a number of them
myself..usually the matrix number or song title is scratched through it and
whatever voices are picked up are at whatever level they're at in the studio,
so this one was boosted a great deal.

I met Larry Cohn a few years ago..he and Johnny Parth were visiting Roger
Misiewicz, and Roger lives ten minutes from me. (And I owe him a bunch of
transfers which keep getting put back because of paying projects. Be patient,
Roger.)

dl