[78-L] Rich collectors inflating record prices - was: Here is the article on Tefteller and Paramount from theNY Times

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 19:22:41 PDT 2009

I started running into that in a local area a few years ago.  The wealthy son of a local industrialist (and heir apparent to daddy's business) started buying up 78s at the fleas etc.and the expected price inflation ensued.  I started hearing his name - "well So-and-so will pay lots more than that" if I mentioned overpricing of garden-variety records.  Glad I moved away.  I wonder if the local population in Grafton and Richmond have wised up, too.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.