[78-L] Introduction (a bit long)

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 17:15:16 PDT 2009

Regarding the piano being shoved out the window,it was said that Red Nichols and BIx Be-
iderbecke were in the room and Bix said that the chord heard,when the piano hit the ground
the chord heard was "C".Apparently,Red Nichols made a five dollar bet because Venuti was
purported to have said something to the tune that he didn't know why Red Nichols would
opject because he got his five dollars back.Anecdote courtesy of Richard M. Sudhalter from
his 1973 book "Bix Man and Legend".