[78-L] Help with discography info on Col. Masterworks

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sun Jul 12 13:57:33 PDT 2009

I have no knowledge about this subject, but have a picture of an album stating:

Masterworks - Set No. 2
Beethoven - Symphony No. 8, in F,
by Felix Weingartner And The London Symphony Orchestra.

Included is Co 67005-D with flag label.
Is this Masterworks M-2 or is it an earlier series?

Han Enderman
===

I thought I'd be able to fill some of these gaps but of course the booklet I
pulled (M 91) is missing all those numbers. In fact I know I have M-1 through
M-3 (in storage) but can't name them without a search.

dl

Sam Hopper wrote:
> Hey people
>
> I am currently writing a book on the Columbia Masterworks 78rpm Album
> series which details info in order of album (not composer).
>
> Some assistance would be greatly appreciated with respect to the
> following Col. M.W albums that I can't find info on:
>
> Columbia Masterworks Album M-1, M-2, M-3, M-12, M-17, M-18, M-107 and
> M-108
>
> I'm after info including:
>
> Composition(s)
> Performer(s)
> (and) Record numbers
>
> I'm sure this project has all been done before - but I am adding a
> number of other details to the collection including info regarding
> record reviews, matrix info, cross reference to composer, album no.
> and performer.
> The book should be finished by Aug-Sep.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>

> Info on this project can be found here at my blog:
> http://discography.gramophile.com/2009/06/25/columbia-masterworks-discography-m-series/
>
> Project page for this project can be found here:
> http://gramophile.com/groups/columbia-masterworks-discography-project
>
> My full blog can be found here:
> http://discography.gramophile.com/
>

> Sam Hopper