[78-L] Help with discography info on Col. Masterworks

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sun Jul 12 14:27:15 PDT 2009

The following from 1942 Gramophone Shop Encyclopedia:

Scena della lezione (Lesson Scene) Sop.
NOTE: According to legend Ros$ini lost the music
he wrote for the Lesson Scene and was too lazy to
write it again. In any case the custom for many
years has been for Rosina to introduce any
bravura aria of her own choice. In the Columbia
album-set (CM-8) "Tema e variazioni di Mozart"
are sung. The disc listed below is something of a
mystery. Labelled "Air of Rosine et duo" it has
been identified by a reviewer in "The Gramophone*
as a two-part arta> "Contro un cor che
accende amor" and "Cara immagine ridente"
separated by a few phrases for Rosina and the
Count; Whether it was written by Rossini or some
other composer is not clear
Conchita Supervia (Ms) &
Manuritta (T)
2 sides [P-R20267]
D-25834
12"

might give someone a clue to finding M 8.....
Best wishes, Thomas.