[78-L] Offspring Deluxe was Introduction (a bit long)

Bart garioch at texas.net
Sat Jul 11 19:04:55 PDT 2009

davdieh at aol.com wrote:
> What you have is in fact a dub of Bourbon's "Love Child." "Offspring Deluxe" is probably the Ben Light version from 1936.
> Are there any numbers in the runout around the labels?
> -David Diehl

Thanks.  I expected that it was; but never having heard "Love Child"  I
couldn't be sure.

I was describing  the label from memory and I wasn't exactly correct.
Sure, there's no name or logo of the manufacturer, and there is no
performer listed, but beside the words "OFFSPRING DELUXE" there is the
number "10" (on the flip side there is
"10A") and the message "Not for Public Reproduction".

I had to get it out to check for numbers in the run out.  On the side
that has Offspring Deluxe there is the following number in the run out:
502A.  (on the other side with "Strange Canine" the run out includes 508B)

I've posted a scan of the label on my personal webspace if you would
like to see it, though there's not much to it; and for a short while the
curious can hear it too, in my (entirely amateur) transcription there as
well, at

http://paintrat.home.texas.net/Tunes/

Bart