[78-L] Offspring Deluxe was Introduction (a bit long)

davdieh at aol.com davdieh at aol.com
Thu Jul 9 10:51:48 PDT 2009

 -----Original Message-----

This is more of a party record.  The label is there, it's just solid black
with only the song's name, not even the performer.  One side has "Strange
Canine" about a piddlin' pup - the joke is he has diabetes; the other side
is "Offspring Deluxe" which I think may be the same as Ray Bourbon's
Western Record Co. Bourbana-717-B "Love Child", but I haven't heard "Love
Child" so I can't be sure.  I can tell by the voice that the Strange Canine
is a different performer.
Bart
What you have is in fact a dub of Bourbon's "Love Child." "Offspring Deluxe" is probably the Ben Light version from 1936.
Are there any numbers in the runout around the labels?
-David Diehl