[78-L] Bad news on record

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 10:38:50 PDT 2009

You're certainly right, Martha, thanks for clarifying that the 1912 reissue was numbered 1557. Offhand I don't recall where I heard that #1557's release was prompted by the tragedy, and since it was already a proven seller for Edison, I suppose it's possible that it was just a pure coincidence. Which brings me to wonder: did the pervasive stodginess at Edison cause it to be any less inclined to topicality in its' releases?

Warren