[78-L] Fw: Waring's Canadian connection

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jul 10 22:14:30 PDT 2009

From: Stephen Davies <SDavies at mtroyal.ca>
> I was reading McNamara & Lomas' "Bands Canadians danced to"
> (1973)on the weekend. It described the Culley Brothers as a
> top notch organization which was prevented from touring in
> the U.S.A. because of the one-way immigration restriction
> enforced by the Wickersham Commission.  Stephen D  Calgary

Leaving aside your parroting of some dreadful politically-motivated
misinterpretation of the economic recovery of the 30s, was it really so
one-sided or was it a reaction to restrictions on American musicians
being prevented from foreign tours to other countries in the 20s and
early 30s?  There are many examples of that.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com