[78-L] 78 RPM Record Packaging

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jul 7 21:10:39 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Matheson" <kenmath at yahoo.com>
>I have written up a procedure for shipping 78 records. If anyone
> out there would like to comment, or offer suggestions it would be
> appreciated.

One MAJOR comment! PLEASE delete "packing peanuts" and
replace it with "'balls' of crumpled newspaper!!" Styrofoam
"packing peanuts" build up charges of static electricity...and then
adhere to not only the 78's but to everything else in sight! Further,
for those of us who are owned by cats, said cats will try to "kill"
EVERY "peanut" they encounter...littering the area with the
shredded remains, which still hold static charges and are all but
impossible to sweep up...!

Simply take a newspaper...and crumple each double page into
a ball about 2" or so in diameter...!

...stevenc