[78-L] Peanut Vendors

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Jul 7 21:46:05 PDT 2009

> One MAJOR comment! PLEASE delete "packing peanuts" and
> replace it with "'balls' of crumpled newspaper!!" Styrofoam
> "packing peanuts" build up charges of static electricity...and then
> adhere to not only the 78's but to everything else in sight! Further,
> for those of us who are owned by cats, said cats will try to "kill"
> EVERY "peanut" they encounter...littering the area with the
> shredded remains, which still hold static charges and are all but
> impossible to sweep up...!
>
> Simply take a newspaper...and crumple each double page into
> a ball about 2" or so in diameter...!
>
> ...stevenc

I will loudly second  Steve's motion...I hate the stuff.  I actually stopped
buying from one decent eBay seller who refused to pack my records with the
nice wadded-up balls of newsprint,  nor would she even put the records in a
bag so the friggin' peanuts ended up clinging to everything in sight
including the record surface.  No thanks.

I make an exception for Omar because his records come a long way and seems
he saves some in international postage with these super light-weight
mini-peanuts he uses...so that's OK by me.

It would help a little if the peanut-users would wrap the records themselves
in plastic or paper before placing them in a box full of those nasty
things...then they would merely cling to everything except the records,  and
that would be an improvement!

Taylor