[78-L] Four Lads Stage Show

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 5 22:14:29 PDT 2009

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> Are you sure the 5-cut version isn't the later one? I don't know how those
> series parallel but CL 2577 would have been in the House Party series.
>
> dl

> I have no idea.  I'm just assuming that the higher number is a later version.

Easy way to tell..what are the matrix numbers?

> BTW you mentioned Columbia issues which were released both as a 12 inch LP and two 10 inch LPs.  Somewhere around here I have both versions of Brubeck at Storyville but I can't find either one right now.  What I'm curious about here is what would the relative price have been between the two issues and what priority would have led customers to one or the other format.

Presumably they thought the twelve-inch was still a hard sell but they were
wrong. There was also a point where Victor and Columbia suddenly dropped the
price of a 12" LP to $3.98 ($4.29 in Canada..remember?) which may have
coincided with the decision to forget about the ten-inch doubles.