[78-L] Non-Transcription OTR on 78 (was Decca Specialty Series (DAU-x))

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 5 07:52:51 PDT 2009

Thanks everyone for info on the Decca Specialty Series (DAU-x)
releases. I was particularly interested because of the content as --
and it sorta goes hand in hand -- I am an old time radio fan too.
Being that the records of Sorry Wrong Number are OTR-ish, I was
interested in finding out if there were similar records issued. I
know that there is the Fibber McGee and Molly Christmas show album
(on Capitol) , and some Amos and Andy records on Victor. But I wonder
what other shows/ episodes proved so popular that albums where made
of them for the general public. And by that I don't mean the later
issues on vinyl lps, but rather issued contemporaneously.