[78-L] TV Scores (was: "House Party" now TV scores)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jun 28 10:27:28 PDT 2009

> Are there any TV shows on these days which have interesting
> or at least entertaining musical scores?   Taylor

Every once in a while "Cold Case" does a great episode with original
music from the era of the case they are researching, coupled with some
music evocative of the era.  There have been a couple from the 20s, one
of which incorrectly with a Sophie Tucker recording in a way that
invalidated the plot resolution if you consider the recording date of
the actual record they played.  They have also done plots from the 50s
and 60s using original music.

And in the list of classic TV shows with great music, don't forget Pete
Kelly's Blues, Peter Gunn, and Mr. Lucky.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>

Yeah, Randy Newman. I gave up on the show 3 years ago though.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" had a catchy theme, the two and a half times I
watched it.

dl