[78-L] Car Record Players -Really!

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Jun 28 11:23:16 PDT 2009

> Three Cheers.
>
> dl

Let's hope this is all washed out with the Tide.

Now...I have a memory of a car record player which played 45s.   When my
family visited Greece in 1961,  the fellow we used as a driver had a little
machine in the dash which did play 45s.  He didn't have very many,  and he
played and sang along to his fave over and over...it was the  Elvis version
of  "It's Now Or Never."

Was this a one-of-a-kind thing or maybe of European manufacture?  I know it
played 45s because I saw and handled the records he had and even at age 8 I
was already sort of a record collector (three years to go before I started
78s).

I forget what kind of a car it was...it might have been a '55 or '56 Chevy.
The record player played the things without any problems or skips....and the
roads there were not all smooth.

Taylor