[78-L] Playing European DVDs ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 27 22:01:31 PDT 2009

I bought the Philips because it was $30CDN at WalMart last fall..cheaper than
DVDs were when I first started buying them. A couple of months ago I found the
complete Hancock's Half Hour box set going for under $20 so I took a chance and
ordered it. I hacked the CyberHome player I have downstairs, although that took
a few tries (the instructions kept omitting one minor detail, namely that when
you press the sequence of numbers NOTHING WILL DISPLAY but you do it anyway).
Tonight I ran across the website and tried the Philips..worked beautifully.
This code supposedly defeats Macrovision as well.

dl