[78-L] Gregorian Chant dates? [Addendum]

Mike Harkin harkinmike at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 23:56:13 PDT 2009

Dates confirmed by Peter Copeland's dating guide for Europena HMV.  Pearl CD gives mxx as CF3136-54 and 3156=60, which doesn't match up.

The original issues were W1115-26 [France], D1917-28 [UK], 7341-56 [US Victor].  So:-  it looks like you have half of it, as you refer to only six records?  And I would guess the 12xxx numbers are either a later re-issue, OR a renumbering of the set in automatic sequence, as this series dates from the very late 30's.

I wuld have guessed the Abbey church even without outside confirmation:
it doesn't SOUND like a studio recording; AND, I can't imagine a monastery full of Benedictine monks shlepping up to Paris for a week to make a studio
recording!

Mike in Plovdiv