[78-L] LW

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Wed Jun 24 16:00:19 PDT 2009

TB said:
> Well,  if any one who really IS  a Welk doubter (dl,  Are Ya Listenin'?)
> will just play the following,  then "the defense" will rest.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSAumxdNTqs

IMHO... Dunno why there's such an argue about LW's band. Over it all, being a "newbie" on LW (never listened to it before, even after 30 years collecting 78s) my opinion is this: the band playing in those TV shows stored in Utube, is pretty good, and sounds terrible, magnific, fantastic! The link before is a piece which sounds a bit like ole' Woody Herman.

Iñigo Cubillo