[78-L] Hail to the sleeve, #2: OPA ceiling prices

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jun 24 14:52:37 PDT 2009

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> Wouldn't they be from '43 - '46 or am I disremembering my history wrong?
> Taylor

During the depression many sleeves has the NRA eagle logo, National
Recovery Act, "We Do Our Part", and during the war it was the OPA.  It
is the Office of Price Administration and they set the max prices for
stuff in WW II to keep companies from raising the prices on scarce or
desirable goods and becoming a war profiteer.  The prices are based on
pre-war levels.  I've never compared them to see if any company was able
to get an increase during the war. According to Fibber McGee "The OPA
made an APE out of me!"

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: "Stephen Davies" <SDavies at mtroyal.ca>