[78-L] Kitty was a cool cat

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 11:50:48 PDT 2009

Taylor Bowie wrote:

> Who else besides me  likes those swing band duet things where the guy sings
> the first chorus slow and then the "girl singer" comes in with the hipper
> jazzy chorus of the tune?  Krupa did it after the war with my man Buddy
> Stewart and Ms. O'Day...I really do love those sides esp. Did You Ever Get
> That Feeling in the Moonlight and Aren't You Kind of Glad We Did.
>
> Buddy died so young and Anita lived a long time...two of my very faves.
>
> Taylor
I like Stewart a lot, particularly his work with Charlie Ventura. His
wordless singing as an extra instrument blends in perfectly with the
ensemble. Much better than Ellington's efforts!

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4179 (20090622) __________

http://www.eset.com