[78-L] Alec Wilder question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 21 20:16:13 PDT 2009

Does anyone have Columbia CL 6181, which a 1954 Long Player catalog lists as
"Alec Wilder Octet: Japanese Sandman"? I have never seen this record and I
suspect it might not have been around for long, since there was a twelve-inch
Masterworks LP (ML 4271, reissued as CL 884, Odyssey 32 16 0262, Sony Music
Special Products CD A 4271) which contained 7 Alec Wilder Octet sides and the 6
"Frank Sinatra Conducts Alec Wilder" sides. What I want to know is what's on CL
6181, and if it contains the same 7 tracks as the other issues PLUS what's
presumably a dropped track..and if it's "Japanese Sandman".