[78-L] Brass Band keys

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 20 21:23:04 PDT 2009

Okay (he said, avoiding the phrase "playing devil's advocate here")..since this
recording was made by an all-star brass band, conducted by Harry Mortimer, what
if it WAS arranged and played in B so they could show off? From the same
sessions, Sleigh Ride and Bolero Brillante (Henry Geehl) also play in B unless
I slow the discs down more than 3 percent, and Welsh Fantasy (Maldwyn Price)
plays in C# (or D Flat..I told you I don't know anything about brass instruments).

dl