[78-L] Selling non-78 items...?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jun 15 19:29:20 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Royal Pemberton" <ampex354 at gmail.com>
>I lucked out in late 1991 and found a mint FR-1 pressing of Mercury
> Living Presence SR 90169 (Marcel Dupré Organ Recital) at a Goodwill in
> Longview, Texas for all of $1!  The last I knew it was about a $200
> LP.

The LEAST of my concerns is what any...or ALL...of my 78's are worth
individually or collectively! As far as 45's and LP's...well, my drunk
brother
destroyed my 45's about 40 years ago (I was in Germany with the USAF
then!)...and my large collection of LP's, including some great blues albums,
were sold off for about a hundred bucks back in 1997...I was lying in
hospital
at the time, and some so-called friends decided to clean out my house and
sell everything they could (I discovered this when I got a phone call from
the
late Jeff Healey, asking me if I knew that my 78's were being made
available...!)
I VERY quickly terminated the Power Of Attorney I had signed (BIG error
on my part!!) and made it clear that my 78's WERE NOT FOR SALE!!

However, these fundamental orifices had already sold whole bunches of
my belongings...mostly for maybe 1% of what it was actually worth! Of
course, they had NO idea of how/where to sell most of my "collections"...
and a bunch of chisler...er, dealers..."saw 'em coming" and paid rock
bottom prices for some fairly valuable items...?!

...stevenc