[78-L] When the Holy Grail of 78s appears, what should you do?

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jun 14 21:02:06 PDT 2009

Each 78-ophile has his/her/its own "Holy Grail"...the standard example
is the Gennett of  "Zulu's Ball" (of which there STILL may exist only
one example?!)

Now, I suspect I may well own the ONLY surviving copy of my
Okie 78...the label operated out of East Chicago, IN, selling
hillbilly records to homesick "okies" who worked in the steel
mills in the area (probably ALL defunct to-day?!)! I imagine the
total quantity pressed was 500 or less...possibly ONE hundred(?!)...
and most were long since thrown away...?! This means it is about
as RARE as a record can be...but it is of NO musical interest?!

And YOUR "holy grail?"

Should make for an interesting list,eh?!

...stevenc