[78-L] Fw: Thorens TD 240 - How Do I..??

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Sun Jun 14 15:44:25 PDT 2009

Oooofff... This reminds me of the ole' autochanger problems when playing
78s, not so well standardized to be used with auto changers.

I used to have a similar problem with the Dual TT, in manual use. Although
in manual, the auto stop continues working, and the tonearm lifts up when a
given small radius is reached, have the record been ended or not!

If you can't deactivate the auto-stop feature, the only way is to dismantle
it.

Another problem with those apparatuses is that they use to have a run end at
a given radius from the spindle, so you can't go further with the tonearm.
So 78s with narrow center grooves and small labels are impossible to play.
Maybe in the states you haven't had those, but we europeans have seen many
Odeons with very small center grooves, and some old HMVs too.

Iñigo Cubillo