[78-L] ^some guys have all the luck

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jun 6 16:39:04 PDT 2009

In both cases it was special DJ copies that were bleeped, and normal LPs
should be OK.  They may have done bleeping on stock 45s or issued copies
with both versions.  I have a censored DJ version of a comedy album
about marijuana.  This all came during the era of FCC Chair Dean Burch
and Pres Noxin, as did my station's obscenity complaints.  Free Speech?
Bah Humbug!!!  We have the most backwards puritanical country in the
Western World, and as a reaction have the foulest mouths on city streets
like here in NYC, the likes of which you never hear in the rest of the
more advanced countries.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: "Bud Black" <banjobud at cfl.rr.com>

> In Charlie Daniel's recording of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia," the line
near the end of the song goes, "I told you once you (beep), I'm the best
there ever was." I've always assumed the "beep" covered up the words "
son-of-a-bitch" since the meter of the line would indicate this. Is
there a
recording somewhere that has the beeped phrase left intact? Or, how
about
Johnny Cash's recording of "A Boy Named Sue," where he sings a line that
goes, "I'm the (beep) that named you Sue?" Sounds to me like the same
epitaph was covered up here.

Bud