[78-L] Capitolians on CD or mp3

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 28 19:45:38 PDT 2009

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> David Lennick wrote:
>
>> Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
>>

>>> I did find a few titles credited to a Capitolians on the MGM label, but
>>> they would be from early 40's.
>>>

>> No..this is a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, a Columbia custom label from the late 20s,
>> linked to Harmony (etc) and distributed through Loews Theaters. Not MGM. The
>> Capitolians "Tip-Toe Thru the Tulips" b/w "Painting the Clouds with Sunshine"
>> also exists on Harmony and Paramount Publix under different orchestra
>> names..all the California Ramblers, if I'm not mistaken.
>>

> So, is there a discography?

I see in this auction a record by the Capitolians
http://www.bluesworld.com/78Auc41.html

1340 Capitolians Metro Goldwyn Mayer 1079 Blondy/Marianne sld V+

Is this the Metro Goldwyn Mayer of old?
Would you have any disco info on it?

Here is the Paramounteers record you must be referring to
Ebay 33033359032

And, as always, Thanks for your help!

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)