[78-L] Capitolians on CD or mp3

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 28 19:58:36 PDT 2009

That's one of them! Blondy is by the Ramblers, October 11/29, from Harmonh
1041-H. The Columbia Book identifies it as by the Golden Gate Orchestra,
vocalist "Marvin Young" (Irving the K). Marianne is from the same show and
would have logically been paired on 1079-P for theater sales but I can't find
any recording of it other than the Cliquot Club Eskimos. Note, there are two
songs called Marianne..the other one is by Romberg, from The New Moon, and
Whiteman recorded it. Just to drive you crazy. The Turk-Ahlert "Marianne" ain't
in Rust and ain't in the Columbia books.

Nice label on those Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Columbias..gold on black. Makes up for
the fact that they're some of the worst late acousticals ever.

dl