[78-L] Mills Brothers Song

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Mon May 18 07:58:18 PDT 2009

> I have it on what they used to call a "record"....
>
> dl
>
> Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> > Does someone have an MP3 of "The Jones Boy", by the Mills Brothers? I
> > hear it when I was a kid and haven't since.

Strange you should ask!  I have  the song on an LP, which is on top of a
cabinet next to my turntable because I  played it last week and can't find
the jacket, which is why it's still perched there.   I don't have any way of
copying it, except by audio cassette, which I would be glad to do for you.
The  album is a Pickwick 33 by arrangement with DOT records. It's in stereo.
Lot of great songs on there.  The label  on both sides reads: Cab
Deiver-Paper Doll-My Shy Violet.  In addition,  the album has  Canadian
Sunset, The end of the World, La Cucaracha, The Jones Boy, I still get a
thrill, Music Maestro Please and the Flower road..  The  lengths of each
song is also on the label.  The Jones Boy  runs 2:19.

My effort to find the jacket for this album  turned into a decision to
listen to everything I have on 33 1/3, figuring I'll find the  empty jacket
or an incorrectly filed  record in the wrong jacket.   Hope I live long
enough to hear all the records.  Currently  going through a  Lenny Dee
Marathon.

Ancillary  thought:  have  tried, without success to find  these songs, or
in fact,  any Mills Brothers  tunes on a Karaoke  CD, anyone  have any idea
if they are available?
Jim Whipkey