[78-L] Mills Brothers Song

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 18 08:03:56 PDT 2009

There was almost a Mills Brothers karaoke CD a few years ago..noise reduction
using a de-hiss process worked too well, so that there seemed to be no tenor
voice in the test playback. It got redone.

The original Jones Boy was on Decca and is in the double Best Of set which
probably survived well into the MCA era. Ironically, MCA inherited Dot, which
rerecorded the Mills Brothers and other former Decca artists. They also
inherited Kapp, which rerecorded former Decca artists. Nobody knows what they
have any more.

dl