[78-L] While browsing...

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Thu May 14 07:38:03 PDT 2009

About Astatic cartridges... You may still remember that three or four years
ago, I was presented with a nice Webcor Holiday that you kindly helped to
repair (I still keep the schematics you sent me). The repair work was
completely succesful, and it works fairly well, except for a small thump
caused by the idler wheel.

I performed several gadgets on it, adapting the speed wheels for three
speeds near 78 (at 50 cycles), and also changed the Astatic cartridge for a
different one. That old one was bad, and didn't work well. I already had a
ceramic from a Dual TT, which I've managed to supply with homemade special
78 needles, so I replaced it on the Webcor with great success. It has holes
for 1/2" mount, so I could install it on the Webcor tonearm directly with
the screws.

Iñigo Cubillo