[78-L] While browsing...

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed May 13 19:46:18 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "I. Cubillo" <i.cubillo at telefonica.net>
> Yeah! Colleagues, here I'm swingin' at the sounds of Tommy Dorsey's "Deed
> I Do", and "Yearning" on Vi 25815, while I'm browsing thru the records to
> see which ones I'll discard for sale. This one, definitely NOT... this
> will rest at home!

I'm currently going through my half-vast archives milk box by milk box,
entering the
78 contents of each one in a MS Access database! When I finish (If indeed I
LIVE
that long?!) I will finally have a coherent(-ish) list of my holdings. I
suspect I will find
a thousand or two duplicates during this process...these will NOT be
rarities, but I
will have to figure out wotinell to DO with them...?!

I also found an old "record player" which I will have to clean, lubricate
and otherwise
get running well (including finding a source for Astatic N8-3d needles!) so
I can
finally HEAR my records! Since it has a ceramic cartridge, I can solder an
RCA
plug to the cartridge output lead and plug THAT into any "Line In"
jacks...and then
record and/or digitize the sounds of my many 78rpm phonorecords!

...stevenc